The club is planning a competition for members. Exciting stuff!! We’re aiming to increase the level of participation in races and give members running goals throughout the year. The committee with the assistance of Declan K has drawn up a list of eight races. Each runner’s top 5 races are taken into account. We will rank every male / female runner according to how they perform against each other. So, if you are placed first among the DFR runners, you get 1 point. If you are second, you get 2 points. The male and female runner with the lowest score over 5 nominated runs will be the winner. Once you completed a run, please forward your time to Aidan Rodgers. He will compile a list of times and award the points for each race.
1. Saturday 9 March, 11am – BHAA – NUI/AIB – NUI Maynooth – Cross Country
2. Saturday 16 March, 12am – Metro St. Bridget’s 5km St. Patrick’s Run – Dawson Street, Dublin
3. Wednesday 20 March, 8pm – BHAA – North County Farmers – Malahide – Cross Country
4. Sunday 24 March – Dunboyne AC 4 mile road race – Dunboyne, County Meath
5. Saturday 6 April, 11am – BHAA – Dublin City Council – St. Anne’s Park5Raheny
6. Sunday 14 April – Great Ireland 10km run – Phoenix Park
7. Saturday 27 April, 11am – BHAA – RTE – 5 mile road race
8. Tuesday 7 May, 7.30pm – BHAA – ESB 5km – Sandymount beach race
*Note we will add two further races to the list once they are announced.